Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Life in Quotes

I have tried for a week to summarize some very big lessons God is teaching me...but the back stories are too long and the details too laborious for a blog post.

So, in the vein of keeping it simple, I want to share other people's words that God has used to drive home what He is teaching me about faith and trust when it comes to the lives of those dearest to me--and the 'safety' of my own heart.

"Worry is a form of meditation in which we turn the volume up on the things we fear about the hypothetical future and down on God's actual promises of care and provision." -Scott Sauls

"The only opportunity you will ever have to live by faith is in the circumstances you are provided this very day..." -Eugene Peterson

"We may feel the pressure of our circumstances but keep in mind God is never late...We're just in a hurry..." -Dr. Crawford Loritts & Psalm 27:14

And finally, this reminder from I Corinthians 4:5
"So don't get ahead of the Master and jump to conclusions with your judgments before all the evidence is in. When he comes, He will bring out in the open and place evidence of all kinds of things we never even dreamed of--inner motives and purposes and prayers."

As I typed all these tonight it occurred to me that the details of how I am learning all this are irrelevant because the truths are so widely applicable.

I am recording these for posterity because I know I will return to these reminders again and again.

He's got this. May we live as if we really believe it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh goodness JMom, these apply to me too. I really love your first quote, so true. Very applicable for my family and I these past few years. They have been a really tough ride, but God has been so very faithful to us over and over and I've had to keep learning to keep my eyes focused on Jesus not on my circumstances.